Simplest Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
Mayonnaise is a dressing made from raw egg white, vegetable oil and seasoning, used on salads, sandwiches, with french fries etc. There are different recipes for making a good mayonnaise. Some would prefer only the egg yolk, some egg white and some both. All are so unique.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Manual whisk, blender or mixer
- Bowl with high sides to prevent splashes (if using a manual whisk)
- Electricity (if using an electrical appliance)
These ingredient makes: 1 cup
Large eggs – 2
2 Teaspoons of Vinegar
2 Teaspoons squeezed lemon juice
1 cup of vegetable oil
A pinch of salt
- Cold eggs result in non thicken mayonnaise, Use room temperature egg.
- Lemon juice helps breakdown the protein in the egg so they emulsify better. Add the lemon juice first.
- A few drops of oil at a time is best until you observe the mayonnaise starting to thicken. Once it begins to thicken, you can pour the oil a little quicker.
- Mayonnaise can become salty very easily. Add only a tiny pinch at a time.
- Use only a fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Egg white, Egg yolk or a combination of both can be used. But the most used is the egg yolk.
READ ALSO: Peanut Milk Or Groundnut Milk Recipe | Method Of Preparing Groundnut Milk | Ingredients Needed To Make Groundnut Milk | Health Benefits Of Groundnut Milk
Method Of Preparation
- Get ready all your ingredients.
- Break and separate the egg white from york, place the egg yolk or white (as desired) in a blender, mixer or small bowl with high sides.
- Pour the fresh lemon juice into the bowl with the egg and whisk very well.
- Add the Vinegar
- Little sugar and a pinch of salt
- Pour the oil into the bowl slowly, a few drops at a time.
- If the oil starts to build up at all, stop pouring and whisk the mayonnaise swiftly until the oil is well incorporated.
- Add about a teaspoon of water at a time to give you the consistency you would like, If the mayonnaise becomes too thick.
- Once the oil has been well incorporated the mayonnaise should be fluffy and thick.
Store in a fridge
READ ALSO: Potato Juice | Health Benefits Of Potato Juice | How To Prepare Potato Juice | Nutritional Value Of Potato | Ingredients