Creamy Italian Tortellini soup is a pure comfort food, that is loaded with vegetables, italian sausage and cheese parmesan . With no flour and no heavy cream.
It’s really a delicious meal you will definitely love to taste. It has carrots, celery and spinach, soft pillows of cheese tortellini in it PLUS incredible flavours. However, the soup is thick and creamy and doesn’t require heavy cream OR a roux to get the thick and creamy texture.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, I used my canned tomatoes
- 1 15 ounces can white beans, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken
- 9 ounces tortellini
- 2 cups spinach
- Melt the butter in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until tender.
- Also add chicken broth, tomatoes, white beans, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Then add the chicken, tortellini, and spinach.
- Therefore, let it simmer for 10 to 11 minutes to thicken up and for the tortellini to cook completely.
ALSO READ: Rajma Masala | Kidney Bean Curry | How To Prepare Rajma Masala (Kidney Bean Curry) | Ingredients Needed For Rajma Masala
NOTE: If you intend having the leftovers, cook the tortellini separately and add it to individual bowls. Else, it will bloat and absorb all the liquid (and become quite “soggy”).