Cameroon Chin Chin Recipe
The chin is a kind of African mini-cuisine, it is a fried pasta that is irresistibly tasty. It is a delicious fried pasta made in various ways.
Throughout West Africa and Nigeria, Chin Chin was originally ready for special occasions. It evolved from food for special occasions to be a snack, sold at street corners, kiosk and supermarkets.
Some shaped like little balls; others kneaded and cut into small 1-inch squares.
4 cups(500grams) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2(120ml) cup coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
half a teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup (113grams) butter
1-liter vegetable oil for deep frying
ALSO READ: Chicken Club Sandwich | Ingredients Needed For Club Sandwich | Method For Preparation Of Club Sandwich | Club Sandwich Recipe Notes
- Put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl except sugar
- Blend all the wet ingredients plus sugar until smooth
- Pour the blended ingredients into the flour mixture
- Mix until all the items are fully incorporated
- Knead nicely into a non-sticky, smooth not so elastic round dough
- Cut dough into four balls to ease the rolling process
- Roll out on a floured working surface
- Fry in hot oil till it turns slightly brown
- Remove and allow to cool