Chicken, Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup
A simple hearty soup, that is filling and full of savory and earthy flavors. It’s a perfect meal to serve on a cold day because it can be made in a little more than 30 minutes and will warm you from inside out. Chicken, Mushroom and wild rice are combined in this rich soup to give a perfect savor.
Recipe Type: Dinner, Soup
Prep Time –
Cook Time –
Total Time –
- To clean the mushrooms, rinse quickly or clean with a damp cloth or paper towel.
- Do not immerse the mushrooms in water, with plenty of water it will cause the mushrooms to become soft.
- If you do not use mushrooms immediately, store a single layer in a brown paper bag.
- For more taste, top the soup with garlic croutons.
- Serve the soup with salad and bread, for a complete and balanced meal.
- To freeze the contents in a freezer bag, then put the bag in a square container, once frozen remove the bag. The new shape will save space in the freezer and will stack neatly. The freezer bag also helps you avoid a messy kitchen, just drop the bag into a pot of boiling water to warm up. The soup will keep for a month in the freezer.
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- Shredded carrots – 1 cup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 2 (4.3 ounces) Rice A Roni Long Grain & Wild Rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- Clean the mushrooms by wiping with a wet cloth or paper towel. Slice and set aside.
- Slice the celery, chop the onion and shred the carrots.
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottom pan, like a dutch oven. Add the celery, onions and carrots and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, the rice and the rice seasoning that came in the Rice A Roni packages. Turn up the heat and boil for 15 minutes, or until the rice and vegetables are tender.
- Reduce the heat, add the chicken and the mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Please follow and like us: